We have an exciting opportunity to lead our site Technical team at the Biggleswade site, delivering our Technical strategy.
What’s it all about?
We want to delight our consumers so developing and delivering clear action plans to ensure they have the best product experience is top of the agenda!
You will be a proactive member of the site leadership team and drive our focus on quality and food safety.
You will have a practical approach to technical management, supported with practical experience of leading a Technical team in a complex operation.
We want someone who will motivate the site teams to deliver on technical objectives, challenge the status quo and improve standards.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us who is passionate about food manufacturing and making a difference.
If this sounds like the job for you, please get in touch!
What does "great" look like?
- Leadership: Able to effectively lead and motivate the site team to deliver on objectives and strategy.
- Team Building: Able to build a cohesive team that works together effectively to deliver the team objectives.
- Conflict resolution: Able to effectively manage and resolve conflicts both within the team and with external stakeholders.
- Able to analyse and interpret data and formulate solid actions plans to improve performance.
- Excellent decision-making and clarity of thinking skills.
- A strength and resilience of character to take the two sites and business to a new level.
- Commercially astute and highly numerate with the ability to analyse and interpret technical and business data.
- Highly developed persuasion and influencing skills enabling the individual to manage and influence to all levels of the business.
- The personal presence and professional credibility necessary to have an immediate impact with internal contacts and central functions.
- A motivated team player that is also able to work independently.
- Excellent levels of self-awareness.
- Strong active management skills: Does not shy away from or avoid positive confrontation in the event of performance issues within the team.
- Communication skills: Able to communicate using non-technical language to ensure that any issues are clearly understood by all concerned.
- Ability to operate successfully in a fast changing environment during factory commissioning. Keen to get stuck in and operate across functional boundaries.
- Continuous Improvement Focus: A strong bias towards actively seeking ways to improve plant performance and methods of operation.
- Problem solving: A focused, pragmatic approach to solving problems. Able to use root cause analysis to identify, assess and select the most appropriate course of action to resolve issues.
- Ability to work under pressure: Able to remain calm under extreme pressure and to effectively manage team in such situations.
Experience and Skills
• Food Science related degree or equivalent qualification (essential)
• Proven Technical management experience (essential)
• Food manufacturing experience – ideally in bakery sector (essential)
• Thorough understanding of food legislation and nutrition (essential)
• Internal auditing ability (preferable lead assessor) (desirable)
• Process Development experience (desirable)
• HACCP Trained to Intermediate Level (desirable)
• Knowledge of Allergen, Vendor Assurance, Process Contaminants, Organic Management and working knowledge of British Retail Consortium standards (Essential)
• Project management experience (desirable)
• Experience of working with NPD and Marketing teams (desirable)
• A natural leader, authentic, a strong track record in driving quality within FMCG businesses.
• Demonstrate solid experience of successful and sustainable change management, quality development, self-managing and team building
You might also have/be:
• NEBOSH Qualified