Team Leader Crispbread or Thins line
Are you passionate about a career in manufacturing and want to lead a shift team with end-to-end accountability for a complete process line?
What’s it all about?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a state-of-the-art fast paced flagship site that is continuing to undergo significant investment following a new-build only three years ago. At the Bardney site we manufacture both Ryvita Crispbread and Ryvita Thins on two new process lines.
Our vision is to be a world class biscuit manufacturer and you will play a key role in us achieving that. These exciting new positions report into their respective Crispbread & Thins Production Managers and offer a great development role within the manufacturing environment, with full on-shift accountability of either the Crispbread or Thins manufacturing line. The role will provide considerable stretch as you will be responsible for the Health & Safety, the Food Safety & Quality, operational output and delivery of plan, supporting CI initiatives across the operation.
You will deliver this through great on-shift leadership of your team and will be the custodian of a great brand and for meeting exacting retailer and consumer demands.
You will understand the importance of working as a team, develop a great working relationship with your peers and put your people at the forefront of everything you do.
What does "great" look like?
- Will “do the right thing” when it comes to Safety, Food safety, cost and the environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A focused, pragmatic approach to solving problems
- Highly numerate, ability to use facts and data to support decision makin
- Clear demonstration of sound operational decision making
- Ability to understand risk, foresee issues before they become a problem
- Understands the operation and able to provide great support to the team
- Able to build great relationships with colleagues
- Positive display of behaviours; leads positive change from the front
- A motivated team player that is also able to work independently
- Able to communicate using non-technical language to ensure that any issues are clearly understood by all concerned
- Celebrates success through your team & says thank you
- The ability to turn the complex into simple
- Results focussed, driven to succeed and the ability to deliver success through your team
- Self-motivated and able to operate in a fast-paced changing environment
- Structured, organised and planned approach with an ability to influence at all levels of the organisation
Experience and Skills
- Team working and excellent examples of good working relationships with peers
- Information handling, analysis and reporting
- Problem solving
- Sound numeric and analytical competence
- Excellent communication at all levels
- Good PC skills (Excel/Word/Power-point/Outlook)