We are building a new Dorset Cereals factory! We are moving into a newly refurbished building and are installing new manufacturing equipment and technology which will enable us to produce 19000 tonnes of cereal a year. We are doing this with a mix of our existing experienced employees and with new team members. The core focus of this role is to ensure all production, warehouse and logistics systems are aligned and that the messages and data are correct, including (but not exclusively) the factory floor data capture application, warehouse management system, messaging application and central ERP system.
Daily monitoring and correcting systems errors.
Daily monitoring and resolving failed messages.
Stock alignment across applications/systems.
Ensuring the correct SOPs are followed and failures are highlighted/escalated as appropriate.
Highlighting training opportunities and helping document enhanced or new SOPs.
Allocation of consumables/sundries to production and inventory control of consumables/sundries.
Support stock checks and PI sessions.
Support financial audits.
Support the site in maintaining high standard of GMP.
Responsible for adhering to safe systems of work and acting in a safe manner to protect the health and safety of yourself and others at all times.
Follow all Quality systems and procedures to ensure our products meet food safety (HACCP), legal and customer requirements as well as maintaining external standards eg BRC, IFS, Femas.
Support Warehouse and Productions teams where necessary.
What does "great" look like?
- To employ analytical problem solving to identify the cause of issues promptly.
- Delivers the best solutions to issues maintaining safety, food safety and production efficiency.
- Keeps safety as a priority in all their work.
- Maintain a keen eye on costs and efficiencies.
- Strong sense of importance of process and system integrity.
- Confident, with a good sense of humour and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Able to build relationships with all levels of the wider site and business team.
- Act in accordance with and promote the SPIRIT of JDR.
Motivated to Make a Difference
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Engages with all sites and departments to ensure the smooth running of the business.
- Pro-active in raising issues and suggesting improvements.
Experience and Skills
Experience in a quality role
Preferably in a manufacturing environment
Ability to understand complex messaging systems.
Ability to communicate and explain IT systems to non-technical users.
IT skills to include: MFG/Pro, Khi-Ro ADC, Excel Formulas, Word, PowerPoint
Understanding of: Production Processes, MRP Calculations, BBE Date Calculations