Sustainability Communications Manager – Jordans
We need an expert story-teller with a passion for sustainability to come and share the Jordans story far and wide - there's a lot to tell.
What’s it all about?
Jordans cereals has had loving, growing and protecting nature at the heart of the creation of our delicious and nutritious cereals for over 30 years. This role is key to ensure we continue to deliver on this purpose. We're looking for somebody with genuine passion for preserving the environment alongside a real flair for engaging consumers, partners and internal stakeholders in our great sustainability stories to drive growth for Jordans to ensure we retain and continuously improve our unique point of difference.
To take on this unique and exciting role, we're looking for a creative, passionate, experienced comms expert who wants to work in a business where purpose is a key driver for brand growth. You will use your great relationship building skills and sustainability expertise to further enhance our powerful sustainability partnerships and act as an internal consultant for the wider business. Contributing heavily to the development of sustainability initiatives in line with our 5 year plan, this really is a unique opportunity at the heart of a fantastic, high performing, down to earth team.
What does "great" look like?
- Has the ability to balance purpose with commercial reality, but will challenge the business to get the balance right
- Strong team player, happy to get stuck in, particularly across sales and marketing
- Able to develop and grow strong cross functional and external relationships with different departments, retailers & charity partners
- Brings energy and drive to the team and wider business.
- Self-starter that creates direction to keep Jordans at the forefront of sustainability issues.
- Genuinely cares about the Jordans mission.
- Passionate about sustainability and protecting our fragile planet
- Has the drive to make things happen
Experience and Skills
• Sound Knowledge of sustainable agriculture, food systems and key sustainability issues and interest in becoming an expert in this areas
• Able to act as a consultant for other teams around sustainability issues, eg. packaging
• Developing comms plans from scratch without over-reliance on external agency support
• Naturally creative, good storyteller and great copywriter
• Able to translate complex nuanced sustainability stories into simple, compelling, engaging consumer comms
• Confident communication skills, able to handle the media / act as a spokesperson.