Do you have a passion for food, looking for a new challenge as a Specification Technologist, or are you looking for your first role in the food industry?
What’s it all about?
At JDR we produce products for global markets, and this
technical role sitting within a close-knit Artwork & Specification team, plays an important role in ensuring all of our food labelling is compliant for each market of sale.
The responsibilities of this role include independently managing EPD and NPD business projects from a compliance perspective, covering specifications, designs and artwork approvals; ensuring that product data is accurately managed through appropriate systems for all products.
Other responsibilities will include involvement in and overseeing other technical work-streams as required.
To be brilliant at this role, you must be a team player! You'll need strong communications skills, a great eye for detail, an adaptable approach, and the confidence to raise/escalate concerns in a timely manner.
You'll need a degree level education in Food/Nutrition or similar, and it would be advantageous to have previous Specification Technologist experience although not essential if this is your first opportunity to break into the technical world of food!
What does "great" look like?
- High regard for compliance with legislation and standards, with the ability to apply this in a business-like pragmatic manner.
- Ability to interpret complex information and translate this to others in a simple and meaningful way.
- Knows when to escalate issues, providing relevant detail to make decisions effectively.
- A team player, willing to both support and take control
- Aligned with our culture and values, we support each other and have a down to earth approach.
- Ability to react quickly maintaining focus and attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Strong interpersonal skills are required as the role interfaces with departments from all over the business and across different manufacturing sites.
- Ability to create new and better ways of working is essential for this role as well as a passion for making a difference by helping others.
- Highly motivated to achieve outstanding results by self and with team
- Clear communicator
Experience and Skills
• Degree qualified or equivalent industry experience
• Experience in and trained in food labelling legislation for the UK, EU and international markets
• Proven track record and practical experience in specification management
• Experience of working with various specification software systems such as Hamilton Grant, Trace One and WWP
• Understanding of food manufacturing processes
• Basic understanding of nutrition