Specialist Team Leader-Hygiene
Do you have good planning and organisational skills, strong communication skills, previous experience of food safety legislation? The main focus of this role will be to support Poole site by ensuring all hygiene team cleaning tasks are carried out effectively and to drive standards of production cleaning forward and to ensure that the waste from the site is adequately controlled and disposed of.
What’s it all about?
What's is all about?
• To maintain the highest standards of cleaning whilst adhering to food safety and health and safety standards.
• To supervise the specialist cleaning and deep cleaning hygiene tasks and to improve standards across site by reporting on the condition of equipment and advising on the frequency of deep cleans.
• To be responsible for supervising the Recycling and Welfare Facilities teams.
• To be involved in project work to cover hygiene equipment, detergents, allergen campaigns and training.
• To ensure that Production and Engineering are aware of the current hygiene standards and to help them raise the standards by encouraging clean as you go.
What will you be doing?
• To promote a culture of positive safety behaviours within the team, demonstrate strong safety leadership and address unsafe behaviours and working practices to coach the right behaviours.
• Follow all Quality systems and procedures to ensure our products meet food safety (HACCP), legal and customer requirements as well as maintaining external standards e.g. BRC, IFS, Femas.
• Supervision of the Hygiene team by prioritizing tasks, maintaining standards, auditing and swabbing to ensure a high standard of cleaning is maintained.
• To ensure that cleaning cards and record sheets are correct, completed accurately and exist for all areas.
• To respond immediately and pro-actively to any incidents that requires the support of the hygiene team
• To be flexible and support the Hygiene department with other duties as required
• To deputise for the Hygiene Manager and the other Team Leader in their absence
• Cover for the DAF plant.
• Day to day contact with Total Waste Management contractor
• To ensure actions are completed from GMP and Biologist inspection reports in a timely fashion
• To ensure that accurate counts from pheromone moth traps are carried out on a weekly basis.
• To investigate any elevated moth counts, try to identify sources of infestation and then arrange for appropriate cleaning and treatments
• To ensure cover is provided for the whole Hygiene department with overtime and agency as required in conjunction with the Hygiene Manager
• To carry out regular 1 to1 and PDP reviews and to ensure that all staff are trained and that records and the training matrix are maintained.
• To carry out investigation’s relating to absence and disciplinary issues
• To proactively encourage continuous improvement and improved hygiene standards
• To ensure that waste from the site is adequately controlled
• Working in an environment with allergens and dust
• Manual handling required (up to 12kg)
• Confined space
• Working at heights
• VDU work
What does "great" look like?
- Understands the process’s and can support and prioritise in a challenging and busy environment
- Able to make sound and timely decisions and understands when to escalate
- Risk identification in relation to HSE or Food Safety
- Aligned to our culture of Down to Earth, People Focused and Owner Mentality
- Able to support the team to deliver objectives
- Able to build effective working relationships with colleagues in all departments
- Role model for health, safety and food hygiene
- Challenges poor standards and practices within the team
- Involved in continuous improvement
- Aspires to get things done safely, to the right quality, within budget
- Strong team player
Experience and Skills
Good planning and organisational skills
Strong communication skills
Knowledge of Food safety legislation
You might also have:
CS03 Confined Space Training
MEWP £a £b (IPAF)
Pesticide & IPM training