This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us who is passionate about both food manufacturing and leading great people. The Bardney site is a new purpose built bakery with state of the art equipment. The key objective of this role is to provide great operational leadership, developing the right site culture for the future with a clear focus on both safety and food safety leadership alongside performance.
- Lead the Bardney site team to achieve a performance level which is “Best in Class”.
- Lead the day to day operations in accordance with the Spirit of the business ensuring zero harm to employees and customers whilst focusing on achieving great consumer quality and service expectations at optimal cost.
- Use your manufacturing expertise and passion for manufacturing to champion the development of the site culture, playing a key role in ensuring that engagement and high levels of performance remain a priority.
- Be an ambassador for the Bardney Site both within and outside of our business.
What does "great" look like?
- Leadership skills that enable you to share learnings and communicate effectively to all stakeholders
- Experience of building a cohesive team that works well together to deliver its objectives
- Ability to analyse and interpret data and formulate solid action plans to improve performance
- An ability to both develop the team and engage them on the journey
- Excellent levels of self-awareness
- Ability to communicate using non-technical language to ensure that any issues are clearly understood by all
Motivated to Make a Difference
- Drive to operate successfully in a fast changing environment and to get stuck in operating across functions
- A bias towards actively seeking ways to improve plant performance and methods of operation
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, a focused and pragmatic approach to solving problems and to effectively manage teams in such situations
Experience and Skills
- Food manufacturing experience, ideally in bakery sector
- A natural leader, authentic, a strong track record in driving quality and performance through people
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of safety and food safety legislation