Shift Manager – Dorset Cereals
The core focus of this role is to lead a small team consisting of Line Leaders and Production Operatives. The Shift Manager; through leadership, will promote a high standard of both personal safety and food safety whilst ensuring the maximum utilisation of labour hours. Leadership in this role will be in line will all of our SPIRIT values and behaviours.
What's it all about?
- Delivering Results; taking ownership and accountability for managing Shift operations and resources to ensure efficient production plan achievement.
- Working together as one; the proactive involvement of stakeholders across the business in making timely decisions for the best business outcome.
- Cost; Manage and control material and labour costs to achieve budget and lead improvement activities for cost reduction.
- Taking People with you; lead and develop the team to a high performing, positive culture including recruitment, training, coaching, communication, motivation and engagement.
- To promote and lead a culture of continuous improvement.
- To promote a culture of positive safety behaviours within your team, demonstrating strong safety leadership and addressing unsafe behaviours and working practices to coach the right behaviours.
- Follow all Quality systems and procedures to ensure our products meet food safety (HACCP), legal and customer requirements as well as maintaining high external standards eg BRC, Customer Audits etc.
- To ensure we maintain an Environmentally responsible operation though all processes
- To deputise for the Operations Manager during meetings, projects, holidays or when required.
- Leadership skills
- Passionate about performance
- Delivering results
- Safety focus
What does "great" look like?
- Understands the business strategy and is able to support and prioritise in a challenging and busy environment
- Able to make sound and timely operational decisions within production and understands when to escalate
- Able to identify the appropriate level of support for each of direct reports
- Risk identification, management, mitigation or removal
- Aligned to our culture of Down to Earth, People Focused and Owner Mentality
- Strong people management skills to lead and support team to deliver operational objectives
- Able to build effective working relationships with colleagues in all departments across all sites and departments and works to align priorities
- Role model for health, safety and food hygiene
- Takes ownership, sets standards & takes accountability for performance
- Challenges poor standards and practices within team, across site and with 3rd parties
- Promotes continuous improvement
- Leads and inspires team to get things done safely, to the right quality, within budget
- Develops self & others
- Creates a culture where high performance and positive, can do attitudes are inevitable
Experience and Skills
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office package
- Experience and able to demonstrate successful leadership
- Proven experience of involvement in capital/improvement projects
- Knowledge of Food safety legislation
- Experience within FMCG production environment and managing cross functional teams
- Working in an environment that has Health & Safety as a high priority, ideally where behavioural safety has been rolled out
- Able to demonstrate effective people management skills
- IOSH/NEBOSH - desirable
- Diploma/Degree Leadership & Management - desirable