Are you ready for a new challenge? We need a leader, at the top of their game to lead our shift teams to operational success!
What’s it all about?
This is a great opportunity to be accountable for an entire shift operation and ensuring the weekly production plan is achieved as efficiently as possible.
You will be responsible for developing and monitoring performance measures, and embedding SPIRIT behaviours into everything we do.
But above all else, you will champion a culture of continuous improvement and positive safety behaviours across the site teams, ensuring our products meet our SAFE Foods requirements and Product Quality expectations.
You will be able to effectively lead and motivate the site team to deliver on objectives, adapting your style to suit the needs of your team.
Excellent decision making and clarity of thinking skills is a must, as is your strength and resilience of character to drive continuous improvement across the site.
If this is something you like the sound of, please do not hesitate to get in touch!
What does "great" look like?
- Leadership: Able to effectively lead and motivate site teams to deliver on objectives.
- Team Building: Able to develop a cohesive team that works effectively to deliver the team objectives
- Conflict resolution: Able to effectively manage and resolve conflicts both within the team and with external stakeholders
- Able to analyse and interpret data and formulate solid action plans to improve performance
- Excellent decision making and clarity of thinking skills
- A strength and resilience of character to drive continuous improvement across the site
- Highly numerate and systems literate, with the ability to analyse and interpret operational data
- Highly developed persuasion and influencing skills enabling the individual to manage and influence to all levels of the business
- Patience in providing coaching and training to others, ensuring that information shared is understood and others feel comfortable to ask questions
- The personal presence and professional credibility necessary to have an immediate impact with internal contacts and central functions
- A motivated team player that is also able to work independently
- High levels of self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- Strong active management skills: Does not shy away from or avoid positive confrontation in the event of performance issues within the team
- Communication skills: Able to communicate using non-technical language to ensure that any issues are clearly understood by all concerned
- Ability to operate successfully in a fast-changing environment.
- Keen to get stuck in and operate across functional boundaries
- Continuous improvement focus: A strong bias towards actively seeking ways to improve the way of working, performance and levels of waste
- Problem solving: A focused, pragmatic approach to solving problems, inclusive of and able to engage with others at all levels across the site
- Ability to work under pressure: Able to remain calm under extreme pressure and to effectively manage the whole team in such situations
- To embed SPIRIT behaviours into the production environment and shift teams.
Experience and Skills
• Working in an environment that has Health and Safety as a high priority, ideally where behavioural safety has been rolled out
• Experience within FMCG production environment and managing cross functional teams
• Able to demonstrate the successful management and delivery of improvement projects
• Able to demonstrate effective people management skills
You might also have/be:
• Degree level education