The core focus of this role is to improve, maintain and repair plant machinery to ensure the delivery of production volumes and efficiencies whilst driving continuous improvement within an environment that has high people safety and food safety standards. This role will involve working closely with the production department to identify and resolve safety, quality or downtime issues with assets in a timely manner. Completion of and updating of proactive maintenance tasks is an important aspect to this role.
- Ensure the smooth day to day operation of machine performance.
- Proactively contribute to improvement activities within the team, including establishing future service platforms to maintain or improve machine efficiencies.
- Proactively identify packaging problems, whilst coordinating with the relevant key personnel.
- Project work including installation, commissioning and testing of machines.
What does "great" look like?
- Ability to diagnose problems and repair machinery.
- Able to take a long term view in identifying improvements, as well as focusing on delivering current projects.
- Aligned with our culture and values.
- Collaborative and able to work effectively across three shift patterns to cover production.
- You will work safely at all times and follow the company Health and Safety rules.
Motivated to Make a Difference
- Results focused - takes accountability and pride in delivery.
- Ability to be influential and persuasive when clear decisions need to be made.
- Inquisitive & challenging and does not accept poor standards.
Experience and Skills
- Familiar with RCA and FMEA techniques (preferable).
- Fully qualified multi-skilled engineer, preferably with experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- IEE wiring regulation accreditation (essential).
- Working knowledge, of Programmable Logic Controllers (essential, Allen Bradley preferred).
- Working knowledge of at least one CMMS system.