Shift Engineer – Biggleswade
Are you a passionate Shift Engineer, looking to support our Production teams in driving forward profit and growth in our Cereals business?
What’s it all about?
As a Shift Engineer, you will be supporting the production of our delicious products by maintaining our facilities, plant and equipment in the best possible condition. It’s really important that you have safety at the forefront of your mind and follow our safe systems of work to ensure that you keep yourself and your colleagues at work safe.
To be great at this role, you will be able to follow the right processes and be energetic and driven to improve our operational performance. You will enjoy being a part of a team and working with others.
Previous shift engineer experience, preferably within a food manufacturing environment, is required. However, we will provide all the additional “in-house” training you will need.
What’s in it for you?
You will work on a Panama Shift (rotating between days and nights) which is an average of 3 ½ days each week, the shifts are 12 hours and the salary is £45,000k. As well as the pay, we offer loads of other fantastic benefits…
- £500 joining bonus! (Paid £250 when you join and £250 after 6 months)
- An invitation to our annual bonus scheme (potential to get up to 5% of your salary)
- Pension Scheme - we match your contributions up to 10%.
- Employee discounts on our delicious products
- Company sick pay with 6 months service
- Lots of recognition – opportunities for goodie bags, cakes and gift vouchers for example
- The opportunity to learn and develop your career in a business with fantastic heritage and exciting growth plans for the future!
What does "great" look like?
- Upholds the safety of self and others as a number 1 priority
- Makes good decisions, following the right processes and relevant systems
- Ensures issues are rectified swiftly and in line with standards
- Identifies areas for improvement – escalate and/or action solutions
- Able to demonstrate an approach that is aligned to our Company behaviours
- Works to achieve an environment of focus, energy and drive in the factory
- Happy to receive feedback from manager and peers
- Uses skills to help others
Experience and Skills
- Previous engineering and maintenance experience is required. We will provide all of the “in-house” training
- We’d love it if you had experience working in a team
That’s it! We can support you to learn the rest. If this role sounds interesting to you, please get in touch.