Shift Engineer – Biggleswade
Are you a passionate Shift Engineer, looking to support our Production teams in driving forward profit and growth in our Cereals business?
What’s it all about?
This role involves the maintenance, repairs and continuous improvement of manufacturing equipment, plant and facilities to ensure the delivery of production volumes and efficiencies, whilst driving continuous improvement within an environment that puts safety and quality as its priority.
You will be working closely with the production department to identify and resolve safety, quality or downtime issues with assets in a timely manner. In addition, the completion of and updating of proactive maintenance tasks is a vital part to the role.
Having great judgement is key to the role, with the ability to diagnose problems and repair machinery, as well as taking a long-term view in identifying improvements.
You will be motivated to make a difference every day, able to operate successfully in a fast-changing environment, refusing to accept poor standards.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch today!
What does "great" look like?
- Ability to diagnose problems and repair machinery.
- Able to take a long-term view in identifying improvements, as well as focusing on delivering current projects.
- Excellent decision making and clarity of thinking skills.
- Always act in a safe manner and to use the SAFE reporting system to highlight potential hazards.
- Aligned with our culture and values.
- Collaborative and able to work effectively across shift patterns to cover production.
- You will always work safely and follow the company Health and Safety rules.
- The personal presence and professional credibility necessary to have an immediate impact with internal contacts and central functions.
- A motivated team player that is also able to work independently.
- High levels of self-awareness and emotional intelligence.
- Communication skills: Able to communicate using non-technical language to ensure that any issues are clearly understood by all concerned.
- Results focused - takes accountability and pride in delivery.
- Self-starter, can work up an Engineering plan, agree scope of work and lead through to implementation.
- Ability to be influential and persuasive when clear decisions need to be made.
- Ability to work under pressure: Able to remain calm under extreme pressure
- Inquisitive & challenging and does not accept poor standards.
- Problem solving: A focused, pragmatic approach to solving problems, inclusive of and able to engage with others at all levels across the site
Experience and Skills
• Fully qualified multi skilled engineer with more than one of the following skills – Electrical, Mechanical, Controls or Instrumentation being applied within building services or production equipment environment.
• Engineering industry recognized apprenticeship, Minimum HNC or equivalent in engineering.
• Working knowledge, of Programmable Logic Controllers (essential, Allen Bradley preferred).
• Working knowledge of at least one CMMS system.
You Might Also Have/Be
• Familiar with RCA and FMEA techniques.