Senior Shift Engineer
Are you an experienced and proactive Shift Engineer with great communication skills and a proactive approach? We have the role for you!
What’s it all about?
The core of this role is the coordinating, prioritising and completion of maintenance, repairs and CI of manufacturing equipment, plant and facilities to ensure delivery of production volumes and efficiencies, whilst driving improvements within an environment with high safety and quality standards.
This role will involve providing technical support, engaging, and communicating technical information with multiple departments to identify and resolve safety, quality, or operations issues with assets in a timely manner. Alongside this, you'll be performing planned preventative maintenance and fault finding to ensure we meet our production targets.
We're looking for a great communicator and leader who is able to work well with others across engineering and production. You'll need great judgment, with the ability to diagnose problems and repair machinery, as well as taking a long-term view in identifying improvements.
For this role, we're looking for a great multi-skilled Engineer who is experienced in Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs).
Our Engineering team works a 24/7 shift pattern, averaging 42 hours a week on 12 hour shifts.
If you'd like to know more, please get in touch!
We currently have two vacancies for this position.
What does "great" look like?
- Ability to diagnose problems and repair machinery.
- Able to take a long-term view in identifying improvements, as well as focusing on delivering current projects.
- Excellent decision making and clarity of thinking skills.
- Always act in a safe manner and to use the SAFE reporting system to highlight potential hazards.
- Aligned with our culture and values.
- Collaborative and able to work effectively across shift patterns to cover production.
- You will always work safely and follow the company Health and Safety rules.
- The personal presence and professional credibility necessary to have an immediate impact with internal contacts and central functions.
- A motivated team player that is also able to work independently.
- High levels of self-awareness and emotional intelligence.
- Communication skills: Able to communicate using non-technical language to ensure that any issues are clearly understood by all concerned.
- Results focused - takes accountability and pride in delivery.
- Self-starter, can work up an Engineering plan, agree scope of work and lead through to implementation.
- Ability to be influential and persuasive when clear decisions need to be made.
- Ability to work under pressure: Able to remain calm under extreme pressure
- Inquisitive & challenging and does not accept poor standards.
- Problem solving: A focused, pragmatic approach to solving problems, inclusive of and able to engage with others at all levels across the site
Experience and Skills
• Fully qualified multi skilled engineer with more than one of the following skills – Electrical, Mechanical, Controls (preferred) or Instrumentation being applied within production equipment environment.
• Engineering industry recognized apprenticeship, Minimum HNC or equivalent in engineering.
• Experienced knowledge, of Programmable Logic Controllers (essential, Allen Bradley preferred).
• Working knowledge of at least one CMMS system.
• Familiar with RCA and FMEA techniques.