Senior Finance Business Partner – Commercial
This role is the key Finance Business Partner role to three of the UK Top Mults, the International Export markets, and Australasian markets providing support, challenge and financial insight to optimise commercial performance, enhance decision making and provide visibility of key KPIs to the business. This role requires someone with great Business Partnering skills, excellent attention to detail and strong controls and governance mindset.
- Proactive Business Partnering to markets to support key strategies and deliver performance to budget.
- Working alongside Sales teams to support pricing, promotions and CPI decisions through robust data modelling, analysis and challenge of assumptions
- Leading the Commercial Finance team to deliver complete and accurate period and year to date financials ensuring adherence to all deadlines
- Period end reconciliation of key measures between the ERP system (MFG) and the Business Information system (Cognos) for relevant markets.
- Working with key markets to build robust and realistic budgets and forecasts, providing challenge, insight and trending analysis
- Supporting building of business cases along with P&L preparation and robust challenge of assumptions for NPD/Gates for key stakeholder markets
What does "great" look like?
- Has the experience and confidence to critically appraise information and ask challenging questions.
- Ability to identify the root cause of issues.
- Able to see the big picture, but equally the ability to be thorough and give sufficient attention to detail.
- Excellent attention to detail and applying this analysis to improve business performance.
- Works cross functionally across Finance, ABF group contacts and more broadly with colleagues in JDR.
Motivated to Make a Difference
- Results focused – responsive and delivers work on time.
- A team player who encourages and supports others to resolve issues in a collaborative manner.
Experience and Skills
- Qualified Accountant CIMA / ACCA / ACA with 3-5 yrs post qualification experience ideally within a commercial finance role
- Effective and concise communication skills verbally and written