Product Development Technician
What’s it all about?
At JDR, we strive to deliver the very best in taste, health and quality for our consumers, and bring new international trends and ingredients to the market. Our Product Development team is at the core of this, and we’re looking for a Product Development Technician to join our small and close-knit Innovation team to support the delivery of NPD projects.
The responsibilities of this role are really varied, so no two days will be the same; from setting up new products on key business systems, to creating kitchen samples, getting involved in the JDR sensory programme and working with shelf life days to ensure the quality and safety of our products.
What does "great" look like?
- Puts consumer at the heart
- Works together as one
- Understanding of quality and safety
- Able to learn new tasks quickly and easily
- Able to contribute to group discussions and manage time to ensure all tasks are completed on time and in full.
- Able to adapt to change in direction
- Able to overcome problems individually or as part of a team, to come to best solution
- Make decisions to keep projects on track
- Understanding of quality and safety requirements/systems
- Analytical skills for statistical analysis of sensory data
- Raising risks and errors in a timely manner with potential solutions
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong team player happy to support colleagues as needed.
- Good attention to detail
- Interacts fluidly with commercial, technical and operational stakeholders of all levels, adapting style & message accordingly
- Confident presentation and leadership skills (for running panel sessions)
- Organised and great time management
- A keen interest in food industry and food itself
- Highly motivated to achieve outstanding results through self & others
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a busy, fast paced flat structure.
- Good initiative and ability to think on your feet
Experience and Skills
The Right Person
To be brilliant in this role, you need to be a team player who is happy to get stuck in and support the team. You’ll need to have strong communication and listening skills, great attention to detail and a passion for delicious, nutritious food. We’re open to candidates with a range of experience and backgrounds, but if you have worked or studied in the food and/or nutrition space then all the better. If you’re looking to kickstart or continue your career in product development we’d love to hear from you!
**To view this job and to apply, please follow the link below to be redirected to our new careers page:
Once there, click the search button to find the role.
**PLEASE DO NOT USE THE BOX BELOW TO APPLY**