We’re looking for an experienced Procurement professional to join our team in the role of Procurement Manager.
The role is accountable for delivering step-change value including cost, product performance, innovation, supplier performance, risk management and ethical trade amongst day to day duties such as contract management and business projects with a significant focus on our raw materials category.
The role involves building good working relationships and the ability to influence senior leaders as well as being a strong team player.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate clear ownership for the spend portfolio. work cross functionally to deliver the plan and has the ability to apply good practice purchasing to a wide range of types of expenditure. Previous people management experience is desirable, but not essential.
What does "great" look like?
- Values the importance of building good working relationships and able to influence senior leaders
- Sound judgement on decision making and when to escalate
- Able to balance time effectively and use a structured approach to identifying priorities
- Sees importance of regular, simple communication to delivering projects well
- Good team player, supporting own team and wider team
- Applies value for money approach in all activities
- Understands the consumer needs and balances this with delivering value for money
Motivated to Make a Difference
- Demonstrates clear ownership for the spend portfolio and delivering the plan
- Takes initiative and has a proactive approach
- Drives continuous improvement with a focus on best value and quality improvements
- Sees the value in being a great people manager and developing others
- Passionate about our brands
Experience and Skills
• Experienced Procurement professional required.
• Achieved significant cost savings using traditional and creative procurement approaches
• Leading cross functional teams to deliver best procurement result
• Ability to apply good practice purchasing to a wide range of types of expenditure
• Previous people manager experience desirable, experience of developing others (doesn’t have to be a direct report) essential
• Negotiating and defining contract terms
• E-Procurement methodology
• Project management experience preferable