Process Operative (Nights)
Do you thrive working as part of a team, meeting customer demand, with a safety first agenda? We may have the opportunity for you!
What’s it all about?
As a Process Operative, you will be looking after the handling and preparation of raw materials used to manufacture our fantastic products, whilst improving wastage and efficiency. You will ensure all of the important processes are completed and will be keen to seeking ways in which we can improve how we work. It’s really important that you are safety aware and follow our safe systems of work to ensure that you keep yourself and your mates at work safe.
To be great at this role, you will be able to make good decisions and you will be focused, energetic and driven to make our products. You will enjoy being a part of a team and working with others.
Previous food manufacturing experience would be great but we’re happy to train you from scratch if you don’t have this. We will provide all the training in-house.
What’s in it for you?
You will work on a 4 on, 4 off rota (on nights) which is an average of 3 ½ days each week, the shifts are 12 hours and the starting salary is £27,500 (increasing with experience). As well as the pay, we offer loads of other fantastic benefits…
- £500 joining bonus! (Paid £250 when you join and £250 after 6 months)
- Guaranteed time off at Christmas
- An invitation to our annual bonus scheme (potential to get up to 5% of your salary)
- Pension Scheme - we match your contributions up to 10%.
- Employee discounts on our delicious products
- Company sick pay with 6 months service
- Lots of recognition – opportunities for goodie bags, cakes and gift vouchers for example
- The opportunity to learn and develop your career in a business with fantastic heritage and exciting growth plans for the future!
We’re also very happy to be flexible on hours, as we know that everybody’s home life doesn’t work on the same schedule. Please talk to us if there’s flexibility you need and we will always try our best to make it work.
What does "great" look like?
- Upholds the safety of self and others as a number 1 priority
- Makes good decisions, following the right processes and relevant systems
- Ensures issues are rectified swiftly and in line with standards
- Identifies areas for improvement – escalate and/or action solutions
- Able to demonstrate an approach that is aligned to our Company behaviours
- Works to achieve an environment of focus, energy and drive in the factory
- Happy to receive feedback from manager and peers
- Uses skills to help others
Experience and Skills
- Previous food manufacturing experience would be great but we’re happy to train you from scratch. We will provide all of the training in-house.
- We’d love it if you had experience working in a team
- For this role, it would also be great if you have an FLT license or you would be interest in getting one (which we will support you to do!)
That’s it! We can support you to learn the rest.
If this role sounds interesting to you, please get in touch.