Packing Operative (Nights)
Do you thrive working as part of a team, meeting customer demand, with a safety first agenda? We may have the opportunity for you!
What’s it all about?
The focus of the role will be assisting with the handling and packing of product by operating specified machinery. Being aware of Safe Operating Procedures and Safe Systems of Working whilst operating machinery and equipment is pivotal to the role, ensuring that you provide a safe working environment for yourself and others.
Maintaining excellent standards of hygiene and cleanliness is a must, whilst also ensuring excellent standards of product and packaging quality, minimising waste where possible.
Whilst aligning yourself to company behaviours, you will be able to make good decisions, following the right processes and relevant systems, identifying areas for improvement where possible, and continuously striving for an environment of focus, energy and drive within our factory.
You will understand the importance of the team and develop good relationships with your team.
Previous experience of working within a food production environment is desirable but not essential.
What does "great" look like?
- Upholds the safety of self and others as a number 1 priority
- Makes good decisions, following the right processes and relevant systems
- Ensures issues are rectified swiftly and in line with standards
- Identifies areas for improvement – escalate and/or action solutions
- Able to demonstrate an approach that is aligned to our Company behaviours
- Works to achieve an environment of focus, energy and drive in the factory
- Proactively seeks training or development opportunities, taking an interest in own skills matrix
- Happy to receive feedback from manager and peers
- Uses skills to help others
- Understands objectives set, and delivers against these, seeking support where needed
Experience and Skills
• Previous experience of working within a food production environment
• Team working skills and examples of good relationships with peers and managers
• Understands the importance of effective shift handovers