We have an exciting opportunity to lead our site Operations team at the Biggleswade site, implementing our Manufacturing strategy.
What’s it all about?
Developing and delivering clear Operations plans that support the ongoing growth of our core brands will be a major priority!
As a proactive member of the site leadership team you will drive our focus on operational excellence.
Your depth of knowledge, operations management experience and no-nonsense approach will provide strength of leadership for the manufacturing team in a complex operational environment.
We want someone who will motivate and support the site teams to deliver on operational objectives, challenge the status quo and improve standards.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us who is passionate about food manufacturing and making a difference.
If this sounds like the job for you, please get in touch!
What does "great" look like?
- Leadership: Able to effectively lead and motivate site team to deliver on objectives and strategy
- Team Building: Able to build a cohesive team that works together effectively to deliver the team objectives
- Conflict resolution: Able to effectively manage and resolve conflicts both within the team and with external stakeholders
- Highly numerate, able to analyse and interpret data and formulate solid action plans to improve performance
- Excellent decision-making and clarity of thinking skills
- A strength and resilience of character to take the site and business to a new level
- Commercially astute and highly numerate with the ability to analyse and interpret technical and business data
- Highly developed persuasion and influencing skills enabling the individual to manage and influence to all levels of the business
- The personal presence and professional credibility necessary to have an immediate impact with internal contacts and central functions
- A motivated team player that is also able to work independently
- Self-starter, highly driven with the motivation to get things done and make things happen
- Excellent levels of self-awareness
- Strong active management skills: Does not shy away from or avoid positive confrontation in the event of performance issues within the team
- Communication skills: Able to communicate using non-technical language to ensure that any issues are clearly understood by all concerned
- Change agent, ability to manage and change a culture for the better
- Ability to operate successfully in a fast-changing environment. Keen to get stuck in and operate across functional boundaries
- Continuous Improvement Focus: A strong bias towards actively seeking ways to improve plant performance and methods of operation
- Problem solving: A focused, pragmatic approach to solving problems. Able to use root cause analysis to identify, assess and select the most appropriate course of action to resolve issues
- Ability to work under pressure: Able to remain calm under extreme pressure and to effectively manage teams in such situations
- A natural leader, authentic, a strong track record in driving quality within FMCG businesses.
- Demonstrate solid experience of successful and sustainable change management, self and others development, self-managing and team building
Experience and Skills
• Degree qualified or equivalent qualification ideally in Supply Chain, Engineering, Operations Management or Food Science (essential)
• Minimum 5 years management experience (essential)
• Food manufacturing experience – ideally in bakery sector (essential)
• Thorough understanding and working knowledge of safety, food safety and employee legislation (essential)
• Process Development experience (desirable)
• NEBOSH qualified
• HACCP Level 3+
• Advanced Food Safety
• Previous ERP, MRP or stock management system implementation experience
• Previous front line management experience ideally on shift
• Experience and qualifications in Lean Manufacturing techniques or Continuous Improvement techniques
• Experienced in Allergen handling, Process Contaminants, Risk Management, CI Programme Management, Organic Management and working knowledge of British Retail Consortium standards (Essential)
• Project management experience (desirable)
• Experience of working with NPD, Commercial and Marketing teams (desirable)