There is an exciting opportunity to join one of our packing teams. The purpose of this role is to work as part of a team responsible for the set up and effective running of end of line packing machinery. In this role you will be able to complete minor fault finding whilst maintaining good and accurate stock control on all materials used. We expect all our employees to demonstrate safety 1st behavior by keeping yourself and others safe.
- Be aware of Safe Operating Procedures and Safe Systems of Working whilst operating machinery and equipment, provide a safe working environment for self and others.
- Ensure all Health & Safety / Environmental documentation and policies are followed and completed.
- Assist with the handling and packing of product by operating specified machinery.
- Maintain excellent standards of hygiene and cleanliness necessary in a food production environment.
- Maintain excellent standards of product and packaging quality whilst at the same time ensuring that waste is kept to a minimum.
What does "great" look like?
- Upholds the Safety of self and others as a number 1 priority.
- Makes well-informed decisions following the right processes and relevant systems.
- Ensures issues are rectified swiftly and in line with standards.
- Identifies areas for improvement: escalate and/or action solutions.
- Able to demonstrate an approach that is aligned to our Company behaviours.
- Works to achieve an environment of focus, energy and drive in the factory.
- Proactively seeks training or development opportunities, taking an interest in own skills matrix.
Motivated to Make a Difference
- Happy to receive feedback from manager and peers.
- Uses skills to help others.
- Understands objectives set and delivers against these, seeking support where needed.
Experience and Skills
- Previous Experience of working within a food production environment.
- Team Working Skills and examples of good relationships with peers and Managers.
- Understands importance of effective shift handovers.