Machine Minder – Nights
The core focus of this role is to be responsible for the set up and running of packing machinery producing high quality packs of finished products. In this role you will be working within the guidelines for food safety and quality and be responsible for the safe effective running of high speed packing machines against daily targets whilst conducting on line quality checks. This role also involves being able to fault find issues on the line to ensure effective running.
• Be aware of Safe Operating Procedures and Safe Systems of Working whilst operating machinery and equipment, provide a safe working environment for self and others
• Ensure all Health & Safety / Environmental documentation and policies are followed and completed.
• Rectify simple machine operational faults and report more complex faults to the Engineering Team.
• Minimise downtime on the line ensuring all machines are running at the correct speeds as defined by machine speed criteria
• Managing own work area, keeping it hygienic and tidy including the correct storage of machine parts and tools.
• Accurate recording of information relating to quality of product or its constituent parts including pre-start checks and quality index
• Proactively engage in training, proactively seek training and support to develop and improve skills level
• Consistently follow Company behaviours: be down to earth with an adult approach, have an owner lead mentality, be proud of our business, brands and people.
What does "great" look like?
- Upholds Safety of self and others as a number 1 priority.
- Makes good decisions following the right processes and relevant systems.
- Ensures issues are rectified swiftly and in line with standards.
- Identifies areas for improvement: escalate and/or action solutions.
- Able to demonstrate an approach that is aligned to our Company behaviours.
- Works to achieve an environment of focus, energy and drive in the factory.
- Proactively seeks training or development opportunities, taking an interest in own skills matrix.
Motivated to Make a Difference
- Happy to receive feedback from manager and peers.
- Uses skills to help others.
- Understands objectives set and delivers against these, seeking support where needed.
Experience and Skills
- Previous Experience of working within a food production environment.
- Team Working Skill and examples of good relationships with peers and Managers.
- Understands importance of effective shift handovers.