Machine Minder – Nights (Biggleswade)
We’re growing our business with two key ingredients: Real, honest food and people with passion
What’s it all about?
As a Machine Minder, you will be responsible for the safe set up and running of packing machinery to produce high quality packs of our delicious products. It’s really important that you are safety aware and follow our safe systems of work to ensure that you keep yourself and your mates at work safe. Whilst working, you will continuously identify ways to improve our processes, working to daily targets whilst conducting quality checks. You will also have the ability to fault find issues on the line to ensure effective running.
To be great at this role, you will be good at decision making, flexible approach in your approach and enjoy using your skills and initiative to help develop the team around you. You will be focused, energetic and driven to make our products.
Previous Experience of working within a food production environment is important in this role as we need you to be able to hit the ground running.
What’s in it for you?
You will work on a 4 on, 4 off rota (on nights) which is an average of 3 ½ days each week, the shifts are 12 hours and the starting salary is £31,000 (increasing with experience). As well as the pay, we offer loads of other fantastic benefits…
- £500 joining bonus! (Paid £250 when you join and £250 after 6 months)
- Guaranteed time off at Christmas
- An invitation to our annual bonus scheme (potential to get up to 5% of your salary)
- Pension Scheme - we match your contributions up to 10%.
- Employee discounts on our delicious products
- Company sick pay with 6 months service
- Lots of recognition – opportunities for goodie bags, cakes and gift vouchers for example
- The opportunity to learn and develop your career in a business with fantastic heritage and exciting growth plans for the future!
We’re also very happy to be flexible on hours, as we know that everybody’s home life doesn’t work on the same schedule. Please talk to us if there’s flexibility you need and we will always try our best to make it work.
What does "great" look like?
- Upholds Safety of self and others as a number 1 priority.
- Makes good decisions following the right processes and relevant systems.
- Ensures issues are rectified swiftly and in line with standards.
- Identifies areas for improvement: escalate and/or action solutions.
- Able to demonstrate an approach that is aligned to our Company behaviours.
- Works to achieve an environment of focus, energy and drive in the factory.
- Proactively seeks training or development opportunities, taking an interest in own skills matrix.
- Happy to receive feedback from manager and peers.
- Uses skills to help others.
- Understands objectives set and delivers against these, seeking support where needed.
Experience and Skills
- Previous Experience of working within a food production environment is important in this role as we need you to be able to hit the ground running.
- We’d love it if you had experience working in a team and in working closely with teammates and managers alike.
If this role sounds like something you’d love to do then come join us!!! Get in touch today.