As an effective member of the Logistics team, you will co-ordinate via stakeholders and suppliers, the physical logistics network delivering excellence in safety, service, cost and control.
- Working towards the functional 3 year objectives, provide structure and optimisation to the planning, control, implementation and effective movement and storage of information, goods and services.
- Play a key role in supporting the Logistics Manager in delivering the current agenda of the function and it’s capabilities in line with business strategy.
- The role requires regular travel and overnight stays for operational UK site visits to enable close working with key stakeholders, team members and external contractors. There would also be an element of International travel to attend International stock checks (every 6 months).
What does "great" look like?
- Understands the business strategy and is able to support and challenge the business accordingly.
- Able to deliver the agenda for Logistics.
- Able to take a broad long-term view, whilst delivering necessary interventions.
- Able to highlight Business Contingency and Risk identification.
- Aligned to the business Spirit behaviours, driving values in self.
- Role model for health and safety and food safety.
Motivated to Make a Difference
- Challenges the status quo, and does not accept poor service.
- Self-starter, is able to work up a daily routine, agree scope of work and lead through to execution.
- Results focussed & adaptable to change.
- Understand how Logistics can support the future vision and direction.
Experience and Skills
- Competent in the use of MS Office and ERP system
- Experience in a customer focussed role, ideally with a FMCG environment
You might also have:
- IOSH or other Health and Safety qualification
- CILT or Supply Chain qualification