International Distributor Manager (Commercial)
This is an exciting opportunity to join the JDR International Export team, to be responsible for the performance of our brands in Scandinavian and Central/Eastern European markets. We are looking for someone who can take real ownership and identify and seize the opportunities to grow our brilliant brands to their potential in these markets. You will be the expert of those markets within the business and lead the development and delivery of market plans and distributor joint business plans. You will effectively manage our distributors to ensure they are aligned and engaged to ultimately get the best out of them. You will also review our distributors regularly to ensure we are working with the right distribution partners for our brand ambitions.
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of the specified markets and use this knowledge to develop clear long-term growth plans.
• Develop annual joint business plans with our distributor partners, ensuring they are internally aligned with the right level of support.
• Make these account plans live and effectively drive daily actions and customer priorities.
• Agree targets with customers, tracking regularly and holding owners to account, and putting in place any corrective actions.
• Run effective and engaging customer meetings, providing clear expectations and feedback on performance.
• Assess the ability of distributors to deliver the plans, and benchmark against alternatives to ensure they are the best partner for JDR.
• Full ownership of the P&L, to deliver volume, revenue, spend and Brand contribution as agreed.
• Ensure that all customer investment decisions deliver the best possible business impact for JDR.
What does "great" look like?
- Commercial, pragmatic thinker; simplifying complex issues to cut through challenges and deliver action.
- Ability to prioritise, organise and plan, balancing strategic and operational activity.
- Ability to construct a clear & compelling sales story.
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to engage and influence key internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and listening skills, with the ability to adapt approach to the situation.
- Self-aware, able to learn from feedback, successes & failures.
Motivated to Make a Difference
- Takes ownership & accountability and proactively seeks ways to grow and improve the business.
- Able to see the big picture and longer term, but equally the ability to be thorough and manage the detail.
Experience and Skills
- Proven experience in sales, category or marketing.
- Full P&L management and budget control.