The core focus of this role is to provide a professional and efficient administration support to the HR team and Poole site line managers. Often being the first point of contact for all employee life cycle queries.
- To provide professional and efficient support to the HR team including the administration of recruitment, assessment centres, onboarding, occupational health, training courses and updating of the HR system and filing.
- To support the HR Advisors with employee relations case work when required to include note taking and letter writing for grievances, disciplinaries and changes.
- To co-ordinate the absence management process from start to finish including the administration and advising employees and managers in line with the company’s procedure and guidelines.
- Organise Occupational Health Advisor visits for routine appointments and management referrals and cascade to relevant managers and employees.
- To support the internal communication framework for the Poole site to include administration, ensuring company notice boards are kept up to date and obtaining feedback on 2-way communication.
- Co-ordinate monthly Employee Forum meetings and take minutes at the meetings. Ensure Managers are aware of new actions and chase for updates. Distribute minutes and represent the Office at the meetings.
- Responsible for Internal and external post to the site.
- Responsible for keeping accurate and up-to-date internal telephone lists.
- To provide occasional administration support to the Poole site as required.
- Responsible for adhering to safe systems of work processes and acting in a safe manner to protect the health and safety of yourself and others at all times.
- Follow all Quality systems and procedures to ensure our products meet food safety (HACCP), legal and customer requirements as well as maintaining external standards eg BRC, IFS, Femas.
What does "great" look like?
- Understands when to make decisions about sensitive matters involving employees such as when to give advice and when to escalate to the HR Advisors or HR Business Partner
- Able to use initiative to balance priorities within a busy and varied role to meet deadlines
- Aligned to our culture of Down to Earth, People Focused and Owner Mentality
- Able to build effective working relationships with colleagues in all departments
- Goes the extra mile to deliver an outstanding service as part of a team
Motivated to Make a Difference
- Challenges the way things are done to make continuous improvements to processes
- Self-starter, is able to use own initiative to problem solve
- Creative with ideas to improve the support provided to the Poole site
Experience and Skills
- Experience in a similar role (desirable)
- Educated to GCSE standard A – C grades (Maths & English)
- Excellent computer skills – Microsoft office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Able to use spreadsheets and produce letters and reports
- Experience of HR systems
- Basic knowledge of employment law