This is a fantastic opportunity to join the JDR HR team and be a trusted advisor. It’s a fast-paced role working closely with line managers to provide pro-active generalist support across our Operations and Supply Chain teams in Biggleswade. Your focus will be on continuously improving ways of working and ensuring our people plans and solutions are focused and value adding.
- Provide generalist HR support and guidance to line managers, pro-actively supporting and coaching them with employee life cycle processes, such as recruitment, employee relations case management and absence.
- Acting as the first point of escalation and key contact for the Operations team.
- Building line manager capability to enable people to perform at their best and achieve our people KPI’s.
- Support the HR Business Partner to deliver people plans and projects.
- Work collaboratively across the HR team, supporting agreed HR functional projects.
What does "great" look like?
- Understands the business and able to support and challenge line managers accordingly.
- Has great questioning and listening skills aimed at supporting others to think through root cause and resolution.
- Makes sound decisions on people matters, good analytical thinking combined with pragmatic implementation skills.
- Aligned to our SPIRIT behaviours.
- Has real passion for results and making change happen.
- Communicates naturally and effectively and builds relationships effortlessly and authentically.
- A passion for working in an operational environment and for our brands.
Motivated to Make a Difference
- Highly motivated with a “can-do” attitude.
- Continuously looks for improvements in our ways of working, benefiting people and the business.
- Takes accountability for areas within remit and prepared to be hands on when required.
- Thrives in a busy environment and is unflappable in the face of changing priorities.
Experience and Skills
- Previous generalist experience in a HR department working across all areas of the employee life cycle, preferably within an advisory role and comparable FMCG environment.
- Educated to graduate level (essential) and CIPD/part CIPD qualified (desirable).
- Proactive approach and great organisational skills.