HR Administrator – 12 month Fixed Term Contract
The core focus of this role is to provide a professional and efficient advisory and co-ordination support to the Poole site on a range of HR related matters and administration support to the HR team.
What’s it all about?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy HR team supporting a manufacturing site in Dorset.
As the HR Administrator you will provide professional and efficient advisory and co-ordination support on a range of HR related matters and administration support.
There are lots of opportunities with this role to become involved in and use your creativity in making improvements and various projects
What does "great" look like?
- Understands when to make decisions about sensitive matters involving employees such as when to give advice and when to escalate to the HR Advisor or HR Business Partner
- Able to use initiative to balance priorities within a busy and varied role to meet deadlines
- Aligned to our culture and SPIRIT values
- Able to build effective working relationships with colleagues in all departments
- Goes the extra mile to deliver an outstanding service as part of a team
Motivated to Make a Difference
- Challenges the way things are done to make continuous improvements to processes
- Self-starter, is able to use own initiative to problem solve
- Creative with ideas to improve the support provided to the Poole site
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 2 years experience essential in a similar role
- Educated to GCSE standard A – C grades (Maths & English
- Excellent computer skills – Microsoft office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Able to use spreadsheets and produce letters and reports
- Experience of HR systems
- Basic knowledge of employment law and HR best practice
- Able to respond calmly and professionally in sensitive situations
- Able to demonstrate resilience in an environment with constantly changing priorities
You Might Also Have:
- Certificate in Personnel Practice (or Equivalent)
- Experience of delivering inductions/training to small groups.