Head of Product Development
At JDR our company vision is “Innovators in great tasting, simple, natural foods”. The vision for the food/product development team is “We will beat the competition by being the first to bring international new trends/ingredients to market delivering on taste and health. We will be relentless in delighting the consumer, leading to commercial success. We will be a highly skilled experienced team, that are the best at crafting and developing delicious mueslis, granolas, biscuits and snacks, rather than breakthrough technical leaders”.
The purpose of this role is to lead and drive the change across the business to make our vision happen. Bring a curiosity for new trends and ingredients across the world and turn them into commercially viable solutions. In order to achieve this, you will need to put in place the right structure and capability within the team. To develop a clear view of what great looks like for our products. You will be responsible for delivering the 5-year innovation strategy.
The right person: You will believe our vision is the right one and you’re likely to be bordering on obsessed with everything food related. Always tracking the latest trends, recipes and food outlets. This passion and how you can articulate it will help enthuse your team about our vision. Your extensive product development experience and pragmatic knowledge of manufacturing processes/facilities will ensure that our products are effectively scalable and commercially successful.
As a company we have ambitious growth plans so to be successful in this role you will need to be an inspirational leader who can build capability, developing a creative and experimental environment where our consumer agenda is always top of the agenda. Alongside this you will bring out the best from our suppliers/networks so that they act as part of your development team.
You will have an entrepreneurial spirit, pro-active & solution orientated mind-set and strong drive for results to drive projects forward.
What does "great" look like?
- Has the courage to make a choice and follow it through - Faces into decisions and does the right thing, even when tough
- Applies good thinking, logic and instinct to make good judgement calls.
- Highly curious, identifying trends and turning them into opportunities.
- Authentic leader who is open about their reasoning and receptive to alternative views and challenges
- Sets the tone, a positive leader who understands themselves and is aware of their impact on others.
- Inspires and energises others and themselves to achieve aspirational goals.
- Communicates well, making it easy for others to understand and engage.
- Develops others and builds capability
- Has timely feedback conversations
Motivated to Make a Difference
- Drives action in positive ways and is solutions orientated, adding energy to finding solutions and implementing plans.
- Creates momentum, enabling teams to deliver at pace, balanced with a good level of rigor.
- Has a good grip on things, together with grit and resilience to enable change.
- Cuts through the noise to focus on what’s important
Experience and Skills
• Strong experience of product development from identifying trends, concept development, product development, feasibility of production to launch.
• Successful delivery of a pipeline of products delivered in market.
• Have led cultural change and team development to develop and highly skilled and motivated team.