Factory Operative – Rotating Shifts
Do you enjoy working as part of a team? Do you strive to make the best product you can while keeping yourself and others safe? Do you enjoy working in an environment where you can be yourself and are valued for your contribution? We might have the job for you!
What’s it all about?
This role involves operating a variety of high tech machines to process and pack the best product we can make. Being aware of safe operating procedures and safe systems of working while operating machinery is pivotal to keeping yourself and others safe at work. The factory is less than 3 years old so all of the equipment is new and uses the latest technology. We are excited to be growing again so need to take on some more people to fulfil this growth.
Maintaining excellent standards of hygiene and cleanliness is a must, while also ensuring excellent standards with packaging and product to minimise waste.
Aligning yourself to the Company behaviours, you will be able to make good decisions, follow the right procedures and will be able to identify areas where improvements could be made.
You will also understand the importance of working as a team, and will develop a great working relationship with your peers.
Previous experience of working in a food factory is not essential and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds to join our diverse team.
What does "great" look like?
- Ensures the safety of self and others is a number 1 priority
- Makes good decisions, follows process and procedure properly
- Ensures any issues are dealt with quickly, escalating where needed
- Identifies areas for improvement in the workplace
- Demonstrates an approach to others that aligns with our ethos
- Works to achieve an environment of focus, energy and drive in the factory
- Proactively seeks development opportunities, shows interest in own skills and career path
- Takes feedback from peers/manager and acts upon it in a positive manner
- Has a flexible attitude
- Shares own skill with others
- Understands objectives set and works to deliver these
Experience and Skills
- Previous experience of working shifts including nights is desirable
- Team working and examples of good working relationships with previous peers and managers
- Understands the importance of good communication
- Ability to read English and use PLC screens at work