Central Finance Accountant
This role is a key member within the central finance team reporting directly to the Financial Controller. The core focus of this role is to support in financial and management reporting, tax submissions, cash management, foreign currency exposure and analysis to the central finance team and wider business. The role is expected to provide insight and challenge existing and future performance of the business. This will require close working relationships with key stakeholders offering broad business exposure.
- Preparing monthly management accounts and ABF submission of budget and forecast packs
- Preparing and submitting the company’s tax returns in line with deadlines
- Liaising with Group Tax and external advisors on specific tax matters
- Regular review of tax status in existing and new markets to ensure compliance
- Reviewing and approving payments
- Managing and interpreting cash flows and predicting future trends
- Liaising with Group Treasury function and Banks
- Preparation of the company’s FX forward hedging deals
- Managing 1 Treasury assistant
What does "great" look like?
- Make sound decisions on data and reporting
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Interpersonal skills to work with key clients and stakeholders
- Align with JDR culture and values
- Ability to work through demanding situations
- Approachable to others so that people feel free to come to you for help
Motivated to Make a Difference
- Results focused – takes accountability for individual and team tasks
- Highly organised to keep business on track to meet deadlines
- Proactive approach to make things happen
Experience and Skills
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified with a minimum of 1-2 years post qualification experience
- Management accounting: Comprehensive understanding of Balance sheet and P & L and the consolidation of financial statements.
- Good understanding of Tax and submitting VAT submissions.
- Strong analytical and Excel skills.