Category Manager – Packaging
We’re excited to announce an opportunity to join our procurement team in the role of Category Manager- Packaging. The role is accountable for delivering value in our packaging categories including cost, product performance, innovation, supplier performance, risk management and ethical trade amongst day to day duties such as contract management and business projects. With a strong focus on stakeholder management and relationship building, the role also involves line management and necessitates great communication skills and the ability to work at pace. Including both strategic thinking and attention to detail this role is an exciting opportunity to help shape the direction of a key element of our procurement team.
- Manage the procurement of packaging, including developing and implementing category plans for the spend portfolio.
- Delivering continuous improvement, utilizing best practice tools including e-sourcing and delivering step-change value opportunities.
- Identifying new ideas and ways of working in collaboration with key stakeholders including NPD/Marketing teams.
- Applying SRM ‘Supplier Relationship Management’ methodology to ensure our suppliers meet our high standards and deliver additional value.
- Working with and supporting our packaging technologist to deliver our strategy for agile packaging. Including strong quality systems and procedures to ensure products meet our quality and operational needs as well as food safety, legal and customer requirements.
What does "great" look like?
- Clear rationale to decision making and a reasoned approach in recommending strategic action and when to escalate
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise effectively between tasks
- Recognises the importance of good working relationships to make sound business decisions
Motivated to Make a Difference
- Perseverance in the face of challenge
- Delivers to time and quality on all projects/areas of responsibilities
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and drives them forward
Experience and Skills
- Clear experience of managing complex sourcing categories
- Evidence of sucessful stakeholder management and cross functional working