Category Manager- Packaging
An exciting role within our procurement leadership team, with overall responsibility for packaging.
What’s it all about?
As category manager you will work with one direct report to deliver excellence in our packaging categories. Conducting tenders, managing pricing, ensuring high quality and supply as well as leading and supporting projects to deliver efficiency and innovation. As a leader in our procurement team you will play an active role in supporting and developing the wider procurement team; applying best practice principles to category management and supplier relationship management whilst helping us work effectively with one-another and the wider business.
What do we need from you?
-Are you a passionate procurement professional with experience managing complex categories?
-Do you have energy, enthusiasm and a desire to deliver value working in cross-functional teams?
-Are you excited by a challenge and a confident problem solver?
If this sounds like the job for you, please get in touch!
What does "great" look like?
- Proactive and self-sufficient with good communication skills for stakeholder management
- A clear sense of value, able to manage cost against other business requirements
- Forward thinking- able to anticipate and mitigate future challenges
- Interpersonal skills to work with stakeholders from across a range of business functions
- A business first approach to everyday tasks and activities
- Energetic and passionate about developing self and others
- Strong eye for detail and a desire to produce work of the highest quality
- Committed to delivering a project from start to finish
- Proactive approach to make things happen
Experience and Skills
• Demonstrable experience in managing complex procurement categories
• Evidence of relationship management and cross-functional working
• Evidence of numerical and communications skills
• Experience leading and delivering projects