Category Buyer – Raw Materials
Are you looking to build on your existing Procurement experience, in a truly diverse role? We may have the opportunity for you!
This is a great chance for an experienced Procurement professional to join our team as Category Buyer - Raw Materials. This is a diverse role, working across various categories and stakeholders. You will lead and support initiatives across our raw materials spend and third party manufacturers.
You will develop and implement successful buying strategies that deliver to business requirements, specific objectives and targets within timelines as agreed. You will be able to make choices based on your findings, presenting these to various stakeholders across the business.
You will adapt to working cross-functionally, managing various stakeholders and priorities at any one time. Data analysis will come naturally to you, and you will feel comfortable interpreting data and understanding key trends to drive business decisions.
Acting with integrity, you will be making the right choices, for the right reasons, communicating this to your team and wider business with confidence! If this sounds like your next role, please get in touch.
What does "great" look like?
- Values the importance of building good working relationships and able to influence senior leaders
- Sound judgement on decision making and when to escalate
- Able to balance time effectively and use a structured approach to identifying priorities
- Sees importance of regular, simple communication to delivering projects well
- Good team player, supporting own team and wider team
- Applies value for money approach in all activities
- Understands the consumer needs and balances this with delivering value for money
- Demonstrates clear ownership for the plan
- Drives continuous improvement with a focus on best value and quality improvements
- Takes initiative and has a proactive approach
- Sees the value in being a great people manager and developing others
- Passionate about our brands
Experience and Skills
• Procurement experience of 1-2 years preferable.
• Data Analysis & Numerical skills.
• Strong communication and influencing skills.
• Achieved significant cost savings using traditional and creative procurement approaches whilst maintaining service and quality
• Leading cross functional teams to deliver best procurement result
• Ability to apply good practice purchasing to a wide range of types of expenditure
• Negotiating and defining contract terms
• E-Procurement methodology
• Project management experience preferable