Buyer – Raw Materials
We’re excited to announce an opportunity to join our procurement team in the role of Buyer – Raw Materials. The role is accountable for delivering step-change value in our raw material categories including cost, product performance, innovation, supplier performance, risk management and ethical trade amongst day to day duties such as contract management and business projects.
- To purchase direct materials including food chemicals, commodities and ingredients.
- To develop and implement successful buying strategies to deliver business requirements.
- To lead and/or represent the procurement department on specific cross-functional projects and support the Procurement team on strategic activity outside of own portfolio of spend categories
- To conduct sourcing activity for categories, using the approved processes and e-sourcing platform.
- To take resonsbility for current and future budgets for own category areas and provide updates on category performance.
- To ensure great supplier performance and relationship development through commercial relationships.
What does "great" look like?
- Clear rationale to decision making and a reasoned approach in recommending strategic action and when to escalate
- Confident and collaborative approach in building good working relationships, willing to listen to and involve others
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise effectively between tasks
- Good interpersonal skills and good team player, supporting within own and wider team
- Recognises the importance of good working relationships to make sound business decisions
Motivated to Make a Difference
- Perseverance in the face of challenge
- Delivers to time and quality on all projects/areas of responsibilities
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and drives them forward
Experience and Skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Preferrably experience managing raw materials and/or within the food industry
- Evidence of sucessful stakeholder management and cross functional working