This is an exciting role where the core focus of this role is to work in partnership with the Database Administrator to develop, deliver and support appropriate and effective BI solutions across the business. This will require close working relationships with key stakeholders and the broader user base, understanding their business need, championing and delivering the CI/Developments agenda and providing user training/best practice guidance where necessary. The role also has shared responsibility, along with the DBA in delivering software upgrades to the BI and TM1 Environments, minimising current user impact and driving opportunities that new functionality may present.
- Ownership of CI & Developments programme for BI Reporting & TM1 (incl regular needs reviews with key client groups and prioritisation with key stakeholders)
- Writing of BI reports, alerts, analysis for users to self serve, based on CI programme
- Working with DBA to develop new data source requirements
- Working with 3rd party (Logicalis) to develop new TM1 models / functionality
- Ownership of scheduled reports / alerts
- User training and best practice
- SuperUser training on BI report writing / alert writing self service
- Data Analyst support across business
- Master Data / transactional data quality
- First Line support for users; working with DBA to resolve any issues
What does "great" look like?
- An effective problem solver who asks the right questions of people, process and data to identify and analyse the root cause of issues.
- Inquisitive nature.
- Interpersonal skills to work with key clients and stakeholders.
- The ability to explore the needs of customer groups to fully understand their requests and meet them.
Motivated to Make a Difference
- Strong eye for detail and a desire to produce work of the highest quality.
- Champion continuous improvement and effective BI.
- Proactive approach to make things happen.
Experience and Skills
- Report writing skills in Cognos and/or similar transferrable technologies (Power BI)
- You might also have:
- Sql skills
- TM1 modelling skills
- Data modelling skills
- A Finance background