The core focus of this role is to safely and responsibly carry out, organise and improve all engineering activities to ensure the smooth running of the Bar production line. You will work closely with the production departments to minimise unplanned downtime by identifying and solving potential problems. You will organise tasks and down time for engineers, operators and contractors to complete planned maintenance with minimal disruption. Building and maintaining great relationships with production, technical teams and contractors are key to success in this role. The role will require specialised knowledge of mechanical equipment operation, control systems, service contracts, spares requirements and problem solving and be able to share this knowledge with others.
- To take responsibility for your own safety and do what you can to ensure the safety of others by completing risk assessments and reporting unsafe observations.
- Promptly and thoroughly completes all tasks, capturing the correct follow on activities.
- Complete necessary maintenance activities to ensure assets are available when required.
- Organise suppliers to deliver goods and services to ensure the performance of the line.
- Lead investigations of downtime and potential causes of future downtime. Compile reports, complete actions, update maintenance procedures and train others on findings.
- Proactive approach to the identification of problems, whilst coordinating with the relevant key personnel.
What does "great" look like?
- Can identify failure modes and use them to predict failure and preventative actions.
- Ability to diagnose problems and repair machinery
- Great at developing relationships with peers, operators and external suppliers
- Able to take a long-term view in identifying improvements, as well as focusing on delivering current projects.
- Aligned with our culture and values
- Has high engineering standards
- Collaborative and able to work effectively across shift patterns to cover production.
- You will always work safely and follow the company Health and Safety rules.
- Understands how important cross functional relationships are.
Motivated to Make a Difference
- Results focused - takes accountability and pride in delivery
- A Self-starter and can work up an Engineering plan, agree scope of work and lead through to implementation
- Ability to be influential and persuasive when clear decisions need to be made
- Inquisitive & challenging and does not accept poor standards
- Flexible and manage own time to deliver great results
- Committed to their own personal development
Experience and Skills
• IEE wiring regulation accreditation (essential).
• Familiar with RCA and FMEA techniques (preferable).
• Fully qualified multi-skilled engineer, preferably with experience in a food manufacturing environment.
• Working knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (essential, Allen Bradley preferred) and CMMS systems.