Accounts Receivable Assistant
The core focus of the accounts receivable team is to ensure sales invoices are paid promptly and the debtors’ ledger is managed effectively with the aim to have no overdue debts, with this role focusing more on processing and reporting of Contra’s for the business.
- Posting cash receipts to customer accounts timely and accurately
- Liaising with customers and chasing overdue Debt
- Ensure Customer Credit Notes are accurate and comply with internal requirements
- Track and investigate deductions (debit notes) from customer payments
- Reporting of, chasing and clearing of the Debit Notes from the AR Ledger
- Reconciliation of Account where required
- Resolution of queries where required
- Entering of Contra’s onto relevant systems (TM1 and MFG Pro)
- Reporting of, chasing and clearing of the Contra values from the Contra Ledger
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are kept up to date and relevant
- Liaise with members of other teams, Sales Team, International Team & Customer Services Team to investigate and resolve queries
- Communicate politely & professionally with customers Internal & External, via phone, email, mail or personally
- Maintain thorough and well organised files
- Responsible for adhering to safe systems of work processes and acting in a safe manner to protect the health and safety of yourself and others at all times
What does "great" look like?
- Makes sound decisions on data and reporting.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrates respect and acts with integrity
- Aligned with our culture and values
- Builds effective relationships within the team and also able liaise with customers and to resolve queries
Motivated to Make a Difference
- Results focused - takes accountability for relevant AR tasks
- Contributes to team effort with a “can do” attitude, working with the team to meet period end deadlines
Experience and Skills
- IT competent - advanced Excel skills (ideally to include macros) and ability to learn and use new systems
- Experience of working within an accounting role, preferably in an Accounts Receivable team.
- AAT qualified or studying towards AAT qualification preferable.