Engineering Manager for a newly built Bakery
- You will manage and lead the Site Engineering Team, setting the standards on maintenance quality, equipment availability, capital project management and facilities management whilst maintaining cost control. You will drive a Plant Availability culture through the site and the wider JDR business providing specialist engineering support to all functions.
- Understand, implement and review engineering maintenance systems associated with the site infrastructure and production environment to the agreed safety and quality standards. Ensure KPI’s are monitored and presented to allow identification of improvement plans.
- Ensure that a safe working environment exists, and that as a minimum, the standards set out in the SHE manual are met.
- Leading and owning the evaluation of risks prior to the introduction of and establishment of controls of a new maintenance practice, process or equipment installation.
- Involvement in the selection process for reports within the team. Owns training and development of individuals within the team. Understands and identifies technically related training requirements at all levels in the business (e.g COMPEx, IEEE v7) to ensure that all employees are properly equipped to undertake their roles.
- Lead, motivate and inspire the Engineering team in line with JDR SPIRIT values to achieve personal development and continuous improvement.
- Responsible for ensuring that all Engineering policy standards and systems operate in accordance with the Company’s, BRC and customer standards and requirements.
- To drive and deliver capital projects to required business expectations and timeframes.
- Provides Engineering support to the site leadership and external project teams and to external customers where necessary.
- Implement a ‘downtime prevention’ approach and develop a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensure optimum production asset availability through the development and implementation of action plans to address root causes of failures and support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure that processes are implemented and managed to identify and deliver against the Engineering training and behavioural needs for the sites.
- Ensure any changes contribute towards delivering a flexible operation, that is well equipped to respond to changing demand levels and customer mix.
- Electrical duty holder for the Bardney sites.
- Works closely and co-operatively with support functional managers and their teams on change activities, particularly in relation to Health & Safety, Quality, Equipment and Site Structure, Efficiency, Operations and HR.
What does "great" look like?
- • Leadership: Able to effectively lead and motivate site team to deliver on objectives.
- • Experience of building a cohesive team that works well together to deliver its objectives
- • Ability to analyse and interpret data and formulate solid action plans to improve performance
- • Highly developed persuasion and influencing skills enabling the individual to manage and influence to all levels of the business.
- • The personal presence and professional credibility necessary to have an immediate impact.
Motivated to Make a Difference
- • Ability to operate successfully in a fast changing environment during factory commissioning. Keen to get stuck in and operate across functional boundaries.
- • Able to remain calm under pressure and effectively manage the team in such situations.
- • A strong bias towards actively seeking ways to improve plant performance and methods of operation
Experience and Skills
- A natural leader, authentic, a strong track record in driving engineering standards within FMCG businesses.
- Demonstrate solid experience of successful and sustainable change management.
- Understands and identifies technically related training requirements at all levels in the business.
- Engineering degree or equivalent qualification (essential).
- Minimum 2 years Engineering management experience and food manufacturing experience (essential).
- Thorough understanding of equipment legislation and project management experience (essential).